20091030

Legionographer Stacy Pearsall talks about her current project


As many of you know, I have been working on a project that is near and dear to me heart. I have photographed well over 100 veterans in Charleston and today I visited the Veteran's Affairs Hospital located downtown.

I actually get my medical care at this facility and know my way around well. Me and my crew (Des'ola Gunter and Shannon Di) met up with VA Public Affairs Officer, Michael Dukes. He's been my main point of contact throughout this adventure. He took us up to the resident veteran's ward.
On the residence floor, I met several wonderful people. Actually, they were playing poker and listening to the oldies station on the radio. I thought to myself, "I sure hope I can learn poker before I get my paycheck check swindled by a bunch of veteran card sharks!"
After I photographed all of the residence folks, I headed downstairs to the lobby. From there, I started shooting VA Hospital patrons as they walked through. Again, some of the best people in the world.

Next week I will be at Veteran's Village, which is a housing development for homeless veterans. I really look forward to meeting the souls that reside there.

To see more images from her project, visit her blog at http://f8pj.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment